|Updated March 3, 2007 Ooops!
Heard from the original author!
Your reader did a pretty nice job revising THE SYMPTOMS OF INNER
PEACE which I wrote in 1983. I don't mind if you leave the version
that you have posted on your website, but would you mind saying that
it is THE SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE, that it has been freely edited
and adding my name as author?
Here is my original version.
THE SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
by Saskia Davis Contact info: email@example.com
Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great
many have already been exposed to inner peace and it is possible
that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic
proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to
now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.
Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:
* A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears
based on past experiences.
* An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
* A loss of interest in judging other people.
* A loss of interest in judging self.
* A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
* A loss of interest in conflict.
* A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
* Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
* Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
* Frequent attacks of smiling.
* An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them
* An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well
as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
If you have some or all of the above symptoms, please be advised
that your condition of inner peace may be so far advanced as to not
be curable. If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting any of these
symptoms, remain exposed only at your own risk.
Thanks so much, and many blessings!
Saskia Davis, author
My pleasure. Thank you Saskia!
Dr. Irene (ps: I like your
original version much better. You know, this is about what we
behavioral shrink-types call "mindfulness." Good stuff! No... GREAT
Reprinted by permission of Saskia Davis