5 replies to this topic

#1 tessie

tessie

Little Kitty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Just venting. I can't wait to go back to work and earn a paycheck. This has been a terrible summer. Dear husband has spent each day getting up at 6-walking the dog every 4 hours on the dot , working out every day, getting on the computer constantly and accepting jobs on the telephone.Constantly. He claims we don't have enough money and socks it into the bank as soon as he gets it. All summer it's been, "Oh would you like to go here for a vacation?" It never happened. My youngest is home for the summer but at least she's gone on day trips. If I suggest the museum or something, it meets with a "nooo, I don't want to do that." And so we sit, day after day after day after day. She's going back to school however he picked that week to work (!) and therefore she has to return 3 days earlier so His Highness can take her down . (with me,of course.) He will work the very next day so we can't even stay the night. If I mention some home or yard improvement, it's a no go, unless he takes the initiative. He's away this week until Friday,so at least I can get some sleep and don't have to hear his wheazing and snoring. He mentioned Hawaii for a trip with my girl when she's home on break ...or, get this, a FAMILY trip to Disneyworld. You know that won't happen. Promises,promises,promises, and of course, work. I'm venting because I can't seem to get my butt out of depression and go practice dance or work out. My SamE is not working. I sometimes wonder if there is a hidden source of money need somewhere? I can't find anything on the computer ,he apparently doesn't really keep in touch with his office wife much any more. Why does my life span have to be so long???????

#2 PrudenceB

PrudenceB

Former Admin, PHD (Poser Hatin' Degree)

• Former Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

(((TESSIE)))

It's ok to be a little immobilized- it means you are not READY to dance again yet-

when you DO dance again, you will be a different and better dancer- there is a season for everything, Don't punish yourself if this is a season to sit and be patient, or quiet, or....

(((TESSIE)))

#3 imawwife

imawwife

Kitten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

You know what might help? What might be empowering to you? YOU plan a day trip for yourself to the museum and GO! Go alone. Have a blast. Take your girl if she wants, otherwise, just go. The girl and her dad can fend for themselves....perhaps even go out for lunch or dinner alone. I love it when my daughter and her dad have some time together. It does him a world of good (he can't play games behind her back with me so he is so much better behaved for her sake).

I love me a day trip to myself. :)

#4 tessie

tessie

Little Kitty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

I'm trying. I got into the habit of going to dance class once a week and had to endure his complaints about the distance and wear and tear on the car. It's he**. He apparently hacked into my account (I have no clue,since he doesn't have the password) and the email with the class schedule disappeared. Oh well, I 'll get it again at some point. I should clarify though that his working is by choice . He's retired and picked and chooses who and where he works. Presently he's on my case to leave the job I love so we can move away, but I'm sticking to my ideals at this point. My job,though it's part time, is my sanity.

#5 Kris

Kris

Big Cat

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Good for you, Tessie. Do NOT let him intimidate you away from doing activities to take care of yourself. That is really key for you to be able to have your own life. And yes, maybe increasing the working would be a positive step and give you more resources so you can be less under his thumb.

#6 PrudenceB

PrudenceB

Former Admin, PHD (Poser Hatin' Degree)

• Former Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

How you doing today Tessie?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users