http://thinksimpleno...iness/cab-ride/

#2 PrudenceB

PrudenceB

Former Admin, PHD (Poser Hatin' Degree)

• Former Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

This is a wonderful story and a reminder of what life is all about.

Thank you.

#3 Kris

Kris

Big Cat

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Ditto. Thanks, Posso, for a really moving story.

Reminds me of one of the last times I visited my dad, who had terminal cancer, and I drove him to a doctor's appointment. He wanted to take a detour and drive past the house we lived in when I was very young ... he had loved that house and had picked it out himself when he was transferred out east and moved ahead of the family. (So of course my mom always hated it!!) So we drove by the front of it. To this day I regret not pulling into the driveway behind it, which was shared by 4 houses and it was at the end, just so he could have seen it from the back. Sure, it was a "private driveway", but a driver could always have turned into "the road" by mistake! Funny how later you can have such regrets. But I was so glad to have been able to drive him to our old neighborhood and give him a chance to see it again.

#4 posso

posso

Fat Cat

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Thanks, Pru, Kris.

I was struck his closing:

"On a quick review, I don’t think that I have done anything more important in my life."

"We’re conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware – beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one."

Great story of yours, Kris. It's great that you and your dad had that chance and took it.

#5 PrudenceB

PrudenceB

Former Admin, PHD (Poser Hatin' Degree)

• Former Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

That's what struck me too Posso.

No regrest Kris. You went. No regrets! You did good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users