http://www.centerfor...e.org/pdf/8.pdf

#2 la_chica

la_chica

Little Kitty

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

I only took a quick read through the first couple pages, looks like great info and I will be reading it. Thanks for the link!!

#3 PrudenceB

PrudenceB

Former Admin, PHD (Poser Hatin' Degree)

• Former Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

anytime!

I thought it was an important piece to put here because women are beating themselves up for "codependency" in ways they shouldn't be and it is impedeing recovery and making them MORE crazy feeling. Not to say coey stuff doesn;t exist, but there is a fundamental problem with the way it is being used that NEGATES the relational wiring of women and we should, those of us who are gals here, be aware of the useful boundaries around the terms and what are actually symptoms of CoDep and what are natural female features that sometimes we try to bend and twist out of us in an effort not to look Codep.

It's also good to note that "recovery models" were built around MALE psych (including things like AA) - and trying to retro fit women in is also destructive to women when we are unaware of the expectations of those recovery models- aka "take what is useful and leave the rest" - let's be informed consumers and remember that as women we are wired a certain way. and there is everything to celebrate about that - and then we can work on our ssues (we all have 'em, both genders - let's justr not make our God given wiring into a pathology- we need it and it ain't going away)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users