Jump to content


www.womenslaw.org, Local laws, support groups, LOTS info!

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 The Admin Team

The Admin Team


  • Admin
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

Hi all - I have just applied as a grant writer for a local domestic abuse organization -and their web site had a "click here if you don't know anyone to know you've visited this site" - so I did, to see what would happen - and it took me to the following:


There are lots of links on the page, but it gives some good, clear instructions on how to erase tracks....
Just thought I'd share.


Thank you, I went and checked it out, it most definitely is a WONDERFUL resource site. I'm going to lock this thread after it stops getting replies, because I think it is that important of a site to know about.


The fact alone that he is checking what websites you are visiting is a clear sign of wanting control. I would not even considering using my valuable time to search his whereabouts online, reading his mail (or opening his letters) or phoning him at work to see if he is there etc. Do you have the possibility of using a computer at the library for free? In Norway we can do that, which makes it a lot safer.

I can only use the computer home when he is not there (even though it is mine) because he is glued to it, or if i ask politely to use (my own) computer, he will walk around it/me and tell me how unimportant my business/mail/other netactivity is compared to his until i give it back. And he will look and read over my shoulder. So i cannot visit this site or any other sanctuary. If you have similar problem, maybe a netcafe or the library can be an option unless you have computer at work.

Tech Support

A good site for "anonymous" browsing is also http://www.anonymization.net (it's sometimes down, but when its working its pretty good).

Info for Australians - a useful site link


for people like me: in the USA, not a citizen;

How Do I Apply for Immigration Benefits as a Battered Spouse or Child?

Under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) passed by Congress in 1994, the spouses and children of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents (LPR) may self-petition to obtain lawful permanent residency. The immigration provisions of VAWA allow certain battered immigrants to file for immigration relief without the abuser's assistance or knowledge, in order to seek safety and independence from the abuser. Victims of domestic violence should know that help is available to them through the National Domestic Violence Hotline on 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 [TDD] for information about shelters, mental health care, legal advice and other types of assistance, including information about self-petitioning for immigration status.

Lots more on how to, more phone numbers, not just for PA, despite its name!!

For women in the New York and New Jersey area, a great organization can be contacted via


restored by doc; original posters' names left out on purpose for privacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users