1 reply to this topic

#1 Mir

Mir

Embryo

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:57 AM

Dear friends...
I've been a christian al my life without ever really having been raised or educated much on christianity. Here, where I live... everyone is protestant without really knowing about what it means and church is somewhere you go when you need some traditions to take place in order to go home afterwards and have a party (it sound harsh I know, but thats how I see christianity be practized all around me as a shallow tradition more than actual act of faith and devotion).

I've been trying to educate myself the last 3 years. I've been reading the Bible several times, and I have been looking into texts about christianity, faith and how to understand the Word of God. Our protestant church seems to say that everyone has the forgiveness of God no matter how they behave, think or believe/believe not.... at least thats how the Words spoken in our church appear to me, when I go there, and all in all I have been very dissapointed about what I hear in church. I believe the reason is, that our church is loosing it's teeth, so to say, in order to NOT offend a nation that considers material needs and the me-me-me thinking the highest ideal in general.
I am attracted to the catholic church because there practise, the rituals and traditions seem to hold significans and I am attracted my the idea that you actually have to follow some rules.
I am very puzzled by the difference between the catholic church (which also has some matters that seem obscure to me... like having a man, the Pope, in the top of the pyramide) and the protestant church. I am also puzzled by the fact that I pray to God and really feel the need for getting closer to Him, while at the same time being confused about where togo and how to understand the Word of God.
Please, could anyone in here help me to find a book or a link to a place that could help me in my search for answers?
Love,
Mir

#2 Anaiis

Anaiis

to be or not to be: TO BE!

• Can't see board at all
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:44 AM

Read the Bible from front to back!

One day as you read : S L A M ! You hear HIM!!!!! Then you will ask Him! You are in relationship with Him!

He will begin to help you then and all else will follow, especially the relationships with people! You will have Him and a whole family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users